Nedre Foss Gård is an important part of Oslo’s and Grünerløkka’s history. The history of the farm goes back to 1220, when it was a mill connected the the monastery. It has also been the Kings mill and was in the 1700s one of the biggest mills around Oslo. The farm have had many important owners, among them Friedrich Grüner who gave tha name to Grünerløkka.
In the 1800s the building of todays Grünerløkka started, and most of the farming stopped and they built more and more apartment buildings. In 1986 the mill production stopped, and the farm was used for offices. The big silo connected to the farm, is now student homes.
The main building of Nedre Foss Gård is from 1802 and is the oldest building in the area.
Nedre Foss gård today
Today Nedre Foss Gård is a restaurant with three connected bars, and a lot of opportunities.